Follow by e-mail

If you'd rather have these updates sent directly to your e-mail, you can sign up here:

Follow by Email

Thursday, December 29, 2011

27 weeks today

Well, there isn't a lot to report with a different fruit for 27 weeks, but here is what is happening this week for the little one:
  • They are practicing inhaling and exhaling with their rapidly developing lungs.
  • It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And the brain will keep on getting more complex.
That's all for the official development.

I had my sonogram yesterday, and it went pretty well. I was nervous at first when the sonographer who measured improperly prior to my being admitted to the hospital came through the door to do my sonogram yesterday. She's nice enough, so I didn't want to be rude. Plus, I knew Dr. D was there and that doctor always double checks the sonograms. The sonographer looked at the baby and even measured again (I should have told her that it was already done last week, but I didn't want to :)). Anyway, the baby is now 2 lbs 10 oz!!! That's the 76th percentile! Good job, little one!

The blood was flowing normally, but the varix did measure 1 cm 3 mm at one point. However, the baby was in an odd position with the knee casting a shadow, and they were extremely active. This could really add to inconsistent measurements of the varix.

I have an excellent picture of the baby touching their foot to their forehead. Live it up, kid, cause flexibility like that will never happen again.

Currently, the baby is in a breech position, with the head pressed firmly against my diaphragm. That explains the shortness of breath that I've head. The rump is near my right hip, but the feet are up there at the diaphragm too. How is this comfortable??

That's all for now. I have another sonogram tomorrow at 8 am. Keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment