Follow by e-mail

If you'd rather have these updates sent directly to your e-mail, you can sign up here:

Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A good day

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Of course, today I am waiting for it to all fall apart. I woke up at about 3 with the same terror that I woke up with in the hospital. I felt lost and scared and just with the same hopelessness. No idea why. I've been working to fight it all morning.

So, yesterday I went back to the hospital. I almost packed a bag just in case I was admitted again. I got to the Center and the receptionists were so nice. They asked me about my weekend and wanted to know if I made it to Scott's graduation. Then, I waited for about 30 minutes. My favorite sonographer, M, came out, and I was really relieved to see her. She began the ultrasound and the baby was very active, practicing breathing, good heartbeat, lots of blood flow, etc.  M even measured the baby's foot for me, and it was an adorable 5+ cm. That's a good sized foot, in my opinion!! Then, I got to wait for the doctor. Thank GOODNESS it was Dr. D, so that was super relieving. They should have checked my heart rate...I'm sure it was less spiked than it was during my hospital stay!

Dr. D came in and told me that the baby was doing wonderfully. She did measure the varix, though, and at one point it measured 1 cm 3 mm again. She said it might be the angle and didn't seem too worried. Of course, I'm worried for the both of us. The flow looked great though and was filling up the varix, so that's a good thing.

Movement yesterday, feeling wise, was minimal. But, I was told that the baby is kicking directly into the placenta, so there's more cushioning. This morning, the movement is minimal again. I really need to just relax. (I've been trying...really, I have...)

When I got to my car I noticed I had a voicemail. It turns out that we finally have an offer on the townhouse. The offer was far too low, so we have counter-offered. Hopefully they'll agree. Then again, the thought of packing up this house is overwhelming. I suppose it won't get any less overwhelming.

This month feels like it's dragging by. January 3 is the beginning of my third trimester...28 weeks. It seems like it isn't far away, but each day feels like it takes forever.  As of today, I have 100 days left til I reach my due date. The due date used to be March 29th, but I won't make it that far. The furthest I'll go is 37 weeks. So, it's about 80 days left. God give me strength, and let this baby keep growing with the vein healthily flowing.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you and praying for you every day! I can't wait to see you and meet that beautiful baby! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete