Follow by e-mail

If you'd rather have these updates sent directly to your e-mail, you can sign up here:

Follow by Email

Friday, December 30, 2011

I think they're on to me..

I think they've figured out that I'm a nervous wreck. After a decent sonogram today (of which I'll go into detail later), I got a call from my OBGYN's nurse asking if I'd like to go to the hospital this weekend for a BPP. At first, I panicked and said "why? is my doctor worried? concerned? what's wrong?" The poor nurse was just the messenger and said that she didn't think anything was wrong...but did I want to go to have a BPP. I was like, well, at this point....UH-HUH. Yeah, thanks...now I'm freaked. Meanwhile, angel and devil perched on my shoulder as I waited for the nurse to call me back with an appointment. Angel said that it was perfectly ok and that my Dr knew I get nervous. Devil said that it was all bad, and I should be worried. Stupid devil. The nurse called back and read my report from the center and said that there wasn't anything to worry about, but that the ultrasound tech would fit me in at 10 am on Sunday. I hung up and still worried a little until the nurse called me back and said that my doctor was not concerned and was just following through as per our conversation on Tuesday. OOOHhh...yeah. I forgot about that. So, yeah, I have a BPP on Sunday. I kinda like that.

Anyway, this morning I went in at 8 for my ultrasound, but the baby hadn't moved a lot as of then. So, when they asked, I was honest. So, they added a BPP on to the normal check of the UVV (Umbilical Vein Varix). When the sonographer started the ultrasound, the baby was making minimal movements, and the heartbeat was 133. I freaked. But, as it turned out, they were pretty much sleeping. Once she started looking at the baby, the baby started moving more. I asked if she'd look at the heartbeat again, and it was 155. Phew. It's always between 150 and 160.

Well, the baby moved around a lot...still in the breech position with feet to the forehead. They practiced breathing a lot, and the blood was still flowing with no change in the turbulence. Dr. B was there, and he said that everything looked good. He said that he was aiming for the 37 week mark of delivery...that was nice to hear. Oh, and the BPP today was an 8 out of 8. Yay for passing your test, baby!

So that's that. All is still stable. I'm just losing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment