Follow by e-mail

If you'd rather have these updates sent directly to your e-mail, you can sign up here:

Follow by Email

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Movement Junkie

So I'm 26 weeks today!! I still have to "take it easy" and rest all the time...but I'm not in the hospital again as of now! For those of you who are curious as to the development of a baby, here you go:
The size of an average baby at 26 weeks  

So, that's the size. Here's what's going on:

  • The eyes are forming, and will soon start to open.
  • Eyelashes are now grown, too.
  • The baby is getting the immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.
  • They are taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.
Pretty cool, huh?,

They are also moving a lot at this point. Sometimes, though, you don't feel movement for awhile. This is when I become a movement junkie. I'll do anything to get a movement going. I'll eat a piece of candy and then lay on my right side. I KNOW you're supposed to lay on your left side, but I really want to feel movement. Then, I'll feel a hint of a kick and decide I want another kick. I'll poke at my stomach and wait for a response. There is something so reassuring about those kicks. Then again, it's a little strange to feel the kick in the first place. That reminder that there is a human inside is slightly creepy.


That's all for today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment