Follow by e-mail

If you'd rather have these updates sent directly to your e-mail, you can sign up here:

Follow by Email

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Trying to stay sane

Life was just the same as I left it. Except the laundry hamper was a little fuller, the dishes piled a little higher, and the cats more affectionate. I can't blame Scott....he was there for me in the hospital constantly and provided so much support. But, there was a mess none-the-less.

Yesterday, Scott graduated from NC State with his Masters in Engineering. I'm so proud of him. All day, I didn't worry about the baby. The baby moved from the beginning of the day to the end, constantly kicking and flipping. Scott even felt one of the movements. Why would I worry when there is movement, right? Anyway, we spent the day with Mom and Kelly going to graduation and then out to eat. Then, we packed up to come to Mom's for Christmas (a week early, I know). I felt great.

Then, today happened. It's Christmas with the NC family today. Next week was supposed to be Christmas in Erie for both of us, but I can't go...so Scott has to go on his own. :( Anyway, I woke up and ate a cookie and began my water drinking fest. The kicks were these little, VERY sporadic movements. I wanted to feel movement like I did yesterday.

I know worry doesn't do any good, and any movement is good movement. I have to remind myself that I'm only 25 weeks.

If I lay on my side, I feel a little movement...but it's so frustrating. Trying to turn off the voices of the doctors and trying to not worry. Not that it does a lot of good...because worrying is my specialty.

Anyway, there is a lot to be grateful for. I have been having an excellent Christmas with my family, and the gifts were well thought out and thoughtful. I'm going to miss Scott tremendously next week. Christmas without your husband is terrible. I certainly hope this baby appreciates this.

There's a little kick. But, when they are so little, you wonder...was that one??

I have an appointment tomorrow with the Center. Get to praying...those doctors scare me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christina, it's Danielle (from NYU). It's been a while since we chatted! I just read your blog and I'm hoping that everything continues to be ok! I know I'm far away, but if you need anything, let me know!! I'll be sending good thoughts your way :)

    ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete