Follow by e-mail

If you'd rather have these updates sent directly to your e-mail, you can sign up here:

Follow by Email

Thursday, January 12, 2012

29 weeks!!

Yay!! We've reached 29 weeks! Almost in the 30s!! For those who want to know, here is the development for this week:






I have another measurement late next week, I think. So, we'll see what the weight is then for this baby.  Here's more:


your baby at 29 weeks
  • They are getting a little cramped in there, since they are growing so fast. But you probably already realize that, since you're getting all those jabs and kicks.
  • They are growing white fat deposits under their skin, and their energy is surging because of it.
  • Feel a subtle twitch? It might be baby hiccuping.
At this point in a pregnancy, you are supposed to set up a baby room. I, however, am too scared to do that. It isn't that I don't hope and pray that all will be well, I just can't bring myself to do it. A friend, though, mentioned that she had her nursery set up after the baby was born, and had a shower after as well. So, that is what we are going to do. I'm trying to get necessities, put them into the storage unit, and then just wait on the rest. So, my friends, if you were wondering about a baby shower, that's why there hasn't been one.

All said and done, though, this was a pretty good week. The baby was very active and did well on all of the ultrasounds. We even saw the mouth move and the baby swallow. Yesterday, the baby was breathing for the entire ultrasound!!! They are still in the frank breech, and as the bones harden and the baby gets fatter, it's getting slightly harder to see the varix without shadows. THEY know what they are doing, but it's changing my schema for sonograms. The varix is consistently measuring 1.5 now....sigh. Dr. N came in yesterday, though, and said that everything looked stable on their part.

As for my part, the baby is moving lots when I lay on my side. I can usually get my movement chart completed in 45 minutes to an hour. A movement chart is a way of checking off to ensure that that the baby has moved at least 10 times in 10 hours. I saw my OBGYN on Tuesday, and he said that all was well with me. I've just begun my minor swelling, and I had to remove my wedding rings today. It was sad, but I'd rather have that then have them cut the rings off further down the road.

Scott and I have been attending our birth and baby class on Wednesdays. Unfortunately, the class is mostly about labor and how to recognize if you are in labor or not. That will not apply to me in this pregnancy, so I just try to focus on the breathing techniques that they teach and not get freaked out when they demonstrate the baby doll being pulled through the pelvic bones. (I think I have images scarred into my brain now.) In the fifth week, we'll finally learn stuff about feeding, diapering, etc. And, the fifth week is the last week.

In the meantime, we have 8 weeks til 37 weeks! That's 24 more sonograms, and about 5 more OBGYN appointments. Keep going,  baby! Keep growing and letting that umbilical cord flow freely!! :)

By the way, I do have a few 3D ultrasounds that have been taken. (a few...ha. I have hundreds!) I know there are a lot of people who do not like ultrasounds, so I have not posted any. But, I assure you, there is one cute baby in there!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. wow. I cannot believe you've been going through this, lady! I just went back to the 1st post & read them all... You're one of the strongest people I know, even before enduring a high-risk pregnancy, and now what I see is incredible maternal instinct and a desire to protect Baby from anything life throws at him/her... you're gonna ROCK this Mom-thing! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Steph :) It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. every time you say "they" about the baby I think you have two! stay strong momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I can't very well say "it" can I?? :-D Besides, it stops mom from calling the baby "shim", which really creeps me out :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She calls her/him "shim"??!?!?!?!!! I agree, thats super creepy. And what stage are you, acorn squash?

      Delete