Follow by e-mail

If you'd rather have these updates sent directly to your e-mail, you can sign up here:

Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bienvenue, Bienvenido, Willkommen, Aloha

The Third Trimester!!!!!!! Yes, today is the beginning of the third trimester and tomorrow I'm 28 weeks! 28!! When I was in the hospital, my OBGYN came to talk to me. I asked him what the goal was, and he was quiet for a moment. Then, he told me: We are going to make small goals. The first big one is 28 weeks. The reason? The baby has a better survival rate if they are born at 28 weeks than they would have earlier. And, I'm almost there! It's also 6 to 9 weeks until they induce me.
Today, I went to get my gestational diabetes test. I am very happy to say that after a disgusting orange drink and an hour of boredom, I passed!! :) The above picture was the gift they gave me. It's full of formula. But, I'm smart. I read about these samples. See, the hospital gives you these formula samples, and they are all liquid samples. So, you give this stuff to your baby, and they get hooked on it because they like the texture better. Then, you're stuck buying the expensive stuff forever. Buying liquid formula is the equivalent to buying Starbucks 4 times a day instead of making your own coffee.

Yesterday I had another ultrasound. There isn't much to report other than that things are status quo. I did have a moment of panic when N, the sonographer, measured the varix at 1.47. But, Dr.B came in and said that there is a variability dependent on the movement and flow at the moment, etc. To prove his point, he measured the varix for himself twice and for 1.3, and 1.1. I felt much better. The baby is now 2 lbs 11 oz. Yay baby. Get a little bigger, though, please.

Oh, they finally got out of the frank breech and moved the breech. So, I'm feeling more movement. Not as much as I'd like, but movement none the less.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. save the formula for those desperate nights when you can't even remember how to mix formula (or can't stand the thought of nursing). Once or twice won't totally corrupt them. I nursed and formula fed both kiddos and neither seemed to have a giant preference either way. I did though ;) Have you picked a pediatrician?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took your advice (as I always have :)) and kept the formula. I put it in our pantry.
    I asked for some ideas from people in our neighborhood about pediatricians...but I don't know when I'm supposed to meet with them. I thought maybe the beginning of next month.

    ReplyDelete