Follow by e-mail

If you'd rather have these updates sent directly to your e-mail, you can sign up here:

Follow by Email

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, it's official. I've been pregnant for two years. I'm like an elephant!

We went in this morning to the hospital for our BPP ultrasound. It was NOT crowded, and the admissions guy was even expecting us. He was SO nice. I just love this hospital so far. Everything about it reminds me why we travel 30 minutes to get to it, instead of driving 5 minutes to the one near our home.

So, it was kind of interesting to have a normal ultrasound that wasn't in the Center. The equipment was not nearly as nice, and the picture quality was very grainy. It's sad that I can tell the difference in sonogram equipment now. The lady doing the ultrasound was nice enough, and she explained the qualifications of a BPP to me. So, we looked at fluid (it was good), breathing (yup, they did that. Thank you, baby!), tone (something about fine motor skills??) and movement. Well, currently, the baby is in a frank breech position. For those who don't know what that is, this is what it looks like:

Baby needs to get out of this position. Seriously. It creeps me out, and it makes it difficult for me to feel the movements. I have NO idea how to get them to flip or something. It's not a problem right now, it just frustrates me. They don't really move properly when they are like that.

Anyway, the test lasts 30 minutes, and the baby got an 8 out of 8 in that time. That means that they did just fine, and they passed their test. Good job again :).

The heartbeat was 153, so that's good. Minus the fact that I always eat 3 Hershey Kisses before going for a sonogram. I mean, c'mon, I want them to wake up!! :)

Happy New Year to all of you! Remember to keep us in your thoughts and prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment